3/4/2013 10:55 AM
Forgive me if I'm overlooking something...but is it not possible to set up your OLB to blitz in a 3-4?  It looks like the only options to blitz are both ILB's, which makes no sense in a 3-4.  The OLB's blitz the majority of the time...am I missing something?
3/4/2013 2:44 PM
I think you're right. As I see it, only the MLB and secondary positions are eligible to be set to a certain blitz percentage. That said, when I run a test game with 3-4 blitzing almost every play, all the LBs are getting sacks. Not just the MLBs. So, I'm not sure how much that manually set percentage actually matters. Any other theories?
3/5/2013 12:58 PM

Let's clear up a misconception: in 3-4 defense, the OLB is blitzing 100% of the time.  That's why they have the line in/line out designation auto-checked.

3/5/2013 1:42 PM
One thing we are going to do is open up the "Line/Cover" option for the LBs on all formations and have the defaults set to sort of what you see now.  A Line setting, or wherever you see "Line In/Out" now, means they are blitzing as you define it.  If they are set to "Cover", then you can set a Blitz chance that will be used when the play is run to see if there is an additional blitzer.  This means you will be able to set up formations to have any number of predetermined LB's blitzing and have the option of up to one additional player blitz during the play.

I will be working on adding this sometime after I get this next beta update out.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.