2/26/2013 2:14 PM
While recruiting has not changed for the beta, we have added the ability to use the new position roles during it.

Recruit Search
  • On the search page you can search players based on your position role ratings.  If you select a position then all of your role ratings for each position will show up in the Overall Rating options drop-down.    You can then either order by the overall/position role rating OR order by another rating and then by the overall/position role rating.  It is also possible to search based on the returner role.
Recruit Summary
  • We've added a column to always show the basic position role rating of each recruit
  • Also, on the recruit summary window where you can compare recruits, we've added the position role ratings when viewing only a specific position.  If you click on the Position Link in the POS column it will open this up.
We'd love to get some feedback on these additions - do you find them useful and what else would you like to see?
2/26/2013 2:21 PM
Would you prefer the recruit profile links on either the recruiting search or summary pages open directly to the recruit tab or do you feel a separate link/button for it would be better? Or nothing at all and leave it be?   Please vote or discuss with feedback below.

Votes: 25
(Last vote received: 4/1/2013 11:49 AM)
2/26/2013 2:39 PM
IMO, i don't think an extra link/button will be necessary. It really don't take that much additional time to click the "recruit" tab once the player profile is open. I feel there's more important issues with the game than that. Some coaches may or may not agree, but the more "overwhelming" the game gets, the more frustrated coaches may become. Just my humble opinion.
2/26/2013 10:30 PM
Like changing the mileage tiers to 180 and 360.
2/27/2013 12:47 AM
might be useful to compare recruits not only to each other but also to current team roster members. will make pulling the trigger on those promised starts a little easier,

also might be useful to be able to see recruit compare of all guys signed in your division, see where everyone stacks up in a more meaningful way than just overall rating.

and it could be useful to see how someone listed at one position might score as another, for instance i might want to use TE scoring for WR or LB AND TE all together at once to see if there might be someone i would consider signing and converting, useful for other positions as well, looking for a DB to convert into a LB, or an LB to beef up into a DL.

2/27/2013 12:49 AM
also might be cool to be able to see correspondance from recruit page instead of hunting thru inbox for it,
2/27/2013 12:51 AM
also might be cool to have some sort of past history consideration for recruiting.
if you have a program that has produced 5 straight all americans at LB i would think youd be more likely to land a national top LB prospect.
maybe this works out to be decreased rectuiting costs per mile or something.

along this same vein, maybe makes sense to have all-conference teams too to track this stuff in addition to only all americans.

3/27/2013 4:17 PM
I found ths flaw in your recruiting-started a thread on it-no response.

Started recruiting-got up to watching 100 recruits on summary page and couldn't add anymore recruits.
Then removed 22 recruits-so it now shows 78 high priority recruits. YET, I cannot add anymore recruits to watch.

When I go and search more recruits, nothing happens when I click on the watch recruit box. And when I actually open up the player profile and then manually try to add to watch list it says "Error you cannot watch more than 100 recruits".

Is this because it is keeping those 22 removed players in some sort of queue that can still be accessed? And thus the total still adds up to 100?
3/27/2013 4:55 PM
Posted by hazing on 3/27/2013 4:17:00 PM (view original):
I found ths flaw in your recruiting-started a thread on it-no response.

Started recruiting-got up to watching 100 recruits on summary page and couldn't add anymore recruits.
Then removed 22 recruits-so it now shows 78 high priority recruits. YET, I cannot add anymore recruits to watch.

When I go and search more recruits, nothing happens when I click on the watch recruit box. And when I actually open up the player profile and then manually try to add to watch list it says "Error you cannot watch more than 100 recruits".

Is this because it is keeping those 22 removed players in some sort of queue that can still be accessed? And thus the total still adds up to 100?
We're aware of this and are reviewing it.  It is related to adding the ability to restore removed recruits.
3/31/2013 2:39 AM
Out of curiosity why is it that you can only see a recruits "role rating" after you have actually done an action on that recruit? Is it possible to make it so we could search by that or at least have that be one of the options.
3/31/2013 10:26 AM
You can search by role rating if you specify which position you are looking for. Change the rating from "total" to the role rating you would like to use and keep it sorted by overall rating. 
3/31/2013 11:28 AM
I ran into an interesting dilemma during recruiting in Hooper. I noticed I was having serious problems knocking SIM teams off of a QB recruit. I had turned him yellow for me, but hadn't knocked off any of the other teams. Then, I noticed the SIM teams are Marquette, Georgia Tech and Fresno State, all D-1A teams. My first thought was that I had messed up the filters, so I went back and refiltered recruits, sure enough Edward Williams showed up as a D-II recruit. Is this an intentional roadblock, or is this a bug in the system?
3/31/2013 12:14 PM
Role rating is a great addition to recruiting and team management!  I am a huge fan of this addition. 

As far as what I would like to see in recruiting:

- easier access to potential once it is discovered.  Opening and reopening scouting reports for multiple recruits at the same position can be tedious.  It would be nice if it could somehow be added to the ratings for easier comparison. 

- new ways to attract recruits.  Prestige playtime and money spent are excellent but it would be nice to include positions of strength (positions where the program always has stars) and/or formation consideration, academic prestige, and location to the list. 

Otherwise, with the addition of role ratings, I really think recruiting is great shape! 
3/31/2013 12:14 PM
Role rating is a great addition to recruiting and team management!  I am a huge fan of this addition. 

As far as what I would like to see in recruiting:

- easier access to potential once it is discovered.  Opening and reopening scouting reports for multiple recruits at the same position can be tedious.  It would be nice if it could somehow be added to the ratings for easier comparison. 

- new ways to attract recruits.  Prestige playtime and money spent are excellent but it would be nice to include positions of strength (positions where the program always has stars) and/or formation consideration, academic prestige, and location to the list. 

Otherwise, with the addition of role ratings, I really think recruiting is great shape! 
3/31/2013 9:26 PM
Posted by chawks12 on 3/31/2013 11:28:00 AM (view original):
I ran into an interesting dilemma during recruiting in Hooper. I noticed I was having serious problems knocking SIM teams off of a QB recruit. I had turned him yellow for me, but hadn't knocked off any of the other teams. Then, I noticed the SIM teams are Marquette, Georgia Tech and Fresno State, all D-1A teams. My first thought was that I had messed up the filters, so I went back and refiltered recruits, sure enough Edward Williams showed up as a D-II recruit. Is this an intentional roadblock, or is this a bug in the system?
I have never been part of a brand new world before and apparently once human coaches get to the ranks of D2, DIAA, and DI then they will recruit the better QB's leaving D3 something to recruit. But it is pointless to try and recruit a qb in Hooper right now. 

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.