2/20/2013 4:36 PM
Still way too high, in my opinion. One game had my QB listed at 8 carries for 138 yards including a 78 yard scramble.
2/20/2013 8:57 PM
+1
2/21/2013 9:47 AM
I think this is on the scrambling side of QB runs which I'll have to look at.  It is handled like a rush, but can be adjusted separately, so I should be able to get it under control.  The other thing I want to add in is the QB slide when scrambling.  I can tell if the defense is going to make a tackle attempt on the QB and I think if this happens and he had the first down, he should slide down.  I already know some people are going to want their QB to power through the tackles anyway, so we'll worry about those types of options once we get scrambling churning out better results.  But I think between adjusting the tackled results and sliding down, we can get scrambling results more where we want them.
2/21/2013 11:02 AM
How about a QB running out of bounds, instead of sliding, when near the sidelines too?  
2/21/2013 1:15 PM
Posted by ldhmnh on 2/21/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
How about a QB running out of bounds, instead of sliding, when near the sidelines too?  
Yes.  I probably haven't mentioned it yet, but out of bounds plays are not in the engine yet.  I plan on these being tied to outside runs as well as when the rusher gets further down field.  For instance, an inside rush is not going to have the player get out of bounds unless he is further down the field and could have run more towards the side line.  For normal plays, this will most likely just be a percentage based on location of the run and the tackling results.  In end game situations when the team is trying to conserve the clock we can handle these differently.  So with respect to scrambling, there will definitely be plays where the QB goes out of bounds rather than the slide, but other than those end game situations, its really just one or the other and both are fairly the same and will most likely be triggered by the same events.
2/21/2013 3:38 PM
A QB should be very easy to tackle unless he has very high ELU/STR.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.