All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Engine Status as of 2/20/13
2/20/2013 2:08 PM
I just wanted to take a little time to explain where the engine stands at this point in time, so everyone testing has a little better expectations and aren't wasting time on things that aren't in yet.

If you liken the rewrite of the engine to sculpting a statue, the engine is currently at the point where it has been roughed out and has the vague form of a human.  The current phase of beta is to chip away at it to where it becomes more defined.  Analogies aside - the play results should be roughly correct while still needing quite a bit of adjustment and balancing.  This is not where the engine will be when we push it out live.  So all the feedback I am getting is awesome and very helpful in getting through this stage of the beta.  I hope the game results are in pretty decent shape by the time we start playing games in the beta worlds.

Things that are not in the engine:  injuries.  penalties.

Things that still need work: fatigue and player rest

Everything else should be working now (with today's update) and is always up for adjustment and improvements, as well as looking for new features we can add related to the things we've updated in this update.

2/20/2013 3:22 PM
Does anyone still think norbert is really Joe Conte?
2/20/2013 5:30 PM
Posted by scrodz on 2/20/2013 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone still think norbert is really Joe Conte?
LOL.  Hell no.

This engine opened better than GD2.0 still is!

2/20/2013 8:34 PM
I think norbert is like ginobili04. I think he has two personalities and one day he is jconte and the other he is norbert, just like one day I am ginobili04 then the next I am slid64er then on another day I am nelson then on the last day I am caesari, grindi, and cfbfan18. I have many split personalities. Oh not to mention when I'm feeling gay I become Arfy.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Engine Status as of 2/20/13

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.