All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Sacks not counted in Rushing Stats
2/19/2013 10:08 AM
Just to let you know, My QB was sacked 11 times, but only had 7 rushes.
2/20/2013 12:20 AM
Are they counted in real life or was that part of what we got used to in GD?
2/20/2013 12:27 AM
Looked in to this...   Collin Klein was sacked once in the game against Oregon.  If you go through the play by play on espn, his stats have him recording 13 rushes an there are 13 rushes cited (even rushes for a loss) by espn in the pbp.  They mention only one sack and that would put his rushes according to old gd at 14 but ESPN does not include the sack as a rush.   I think sacks not being counted as official rushes since they technically passing plays (yes if it turns in to a scramble then it becomes a rushing play)  In the stats on ESPN the negative yardage is counted when a sack happens but the sack is not labeled a rush attempt.
2/20/2013 12:18 PM
They used to be counted as a rush attempt in college.  It should be counting sacks as rush attempts in the new engine, or at least that's the way it is coded, so if it isn't currently, then it is a bug.  The question of whether or not they should count as rush attempts is another question and I'll have to look into that.  We can really do it either way as long as everyone knows which way it works.
2/20/2013 2:56 PM
I think sacks should be recorded as a passing attempt and the sack/yards lost should be deducted from the TEAM total passing yards but not the QB's total passing yards. After all, a sack doesn't take away any of the yards the QB threw for. Statistically, a sack only affects yards gained or lost on the ground, even though it started as a passing play.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Sacks not counted in Rushing Stats

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.