2/18/2013 10:20 AM
Here you can make suggestions or ask questions about practice plans.
2/18/2013 11:36 AM
Since practice is still not split into rolls (all LB practice the same things) will the roll you place a player in have any effect on development? If I play a freshman at inside linebacker will his strength develop differently than if I play him at outside linebacker?
2/19/2013 11:44 AM
Suggestions are fine, but keep in mind that practice plans are not within the scope of this update.
2/19/2013 12:40 PM (edited)
Sorry it was a question and I am still not sure of the answer. Not sure if I am being clear.

Does the role a player has change his development? For instance does playing inside linebacker vs outside linebacker or DE vs DT change the way a player develops if everything else is the same or is that all determined by practice plans?

As an example the default rolls indicate that strength and tackle are more important for DT than athletics and speed. If I play a player at DT will his strength and tackle improve faster than if I played the same player at DE?
2/19/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 2/19/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Sorry it was a question and I am still not sure of the answer. Not sure if I am being clear.

Does the role a player has change his development? For instance does playing inside linebacker vs outside linebacker or DE vs DT change the way a player develops if everything else is the same or is that all determined by practice plans?

As an example the default rolls indicate that strength and tackle are more important for DT than athletics and speed. If I play a player at DT will his strength and tackle improve faster than if I played the same player at DE?
No. Practice plans and development will remain as they are, as everyone knows them to be.  Practice plans, and practice in general, is something that will be reviewed and worked on after this update.  So yes it is a little constraining that you can't designate different players at the same position to develop differently, but that is essentially a problem in the current version as well, and something I think we need to take a close look at before we just adopt a new way of developing players.
2/19/2013 1:02 PM
K thanks

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.