2/17/2013 11:31 AM
Can we blitz more than 1 player? Again, if not, why and if yes how? Thanks in advance for any help...
2/17/2013 1:09 PM
On the Defensive Formations page, do the blitz %'s have to add up to 100 or can they be less?  Say I only blitz to LB's and have them set at 33 and the DB's are set at 0.
2/17/2013 2:24 PM
Honestly, when it comes to blitz %, I have no idea where to start. Can anybody offer some suggestions as to some basic guidelines?
2/17/2013 4:35 PM
On the topic of the Blitz % under Defensive Formations,  just my opinion here, but the numbers do not necessarily have to add up to 100, but considering that these numbers have no effect on the amount that you will actually be blitzing, there is no reason not to have them equal 100%. Those numbers are just to determine who will blitz when you do blitz, so I would think that setting two LBers to 33% each, and everyone else to 0% would be no different than setting those two LBers to 50% each. You determine how often you blitz when you set up your defensive playbook.
2/17/2013 6:24 PM
Either that or the engine will decide what it wants do with the remainder instead of letting you decide. 
2/17/2013 11:35 PM
Currently, you can only blitz 1 players - keeping in mind that that will be 1 player that is not already at the line (based on formation set settings).  I still don't think 3-4 is quite right as there should be 4 players normally at the line, but that's another topic.  Anyway, the blitz setting on the formation set is a blitz distribution settings, sort of like the rush/pass distributions on the offensive side.  They do not have to add up to 100, but it's probably easier to understand it as a percentage.  For instance, if you had only 2 players set and one was 20 and the other was 10, the first player would blitz 67% of the time and the second 33% of the time, so it might be easier to set them to 67 and 33.

The idea of a 2-man blitz is possible but that would probably be a feature we add at a later date.
2/18/2013 3:15 PM
Norbert this really limits the capabilities of someone that likes the defensive side of the game. To me, the ability to blitz 2 or even 3 or 4 players is big. Almost any RL defense has this type of blitzing in their def. playbook...
2/19/2013 11:35 AM
This is continued in the other thread about defenses.  Please see my post there and let's move this conversation to one thread.  Thanks.

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.