Player Growth Error Topic

After taking CUA in DIII Yost, which is a dog of a team, I started keeping a small diary of the rebuild process in the Yost GD forum. While doing an update on the rate of improvement of the attributes of my freshman players, I found a player who was showing 0 growth after 2 games. Not completely unusual, but when I look at his numbers vs. his original numbers via GDReports player history, I can see that he has posted at least 10 points of growth overall, including a point lost in a non-practicing attribute.

Now after 3 games he is showing no growth on his WIS player information screen and in the ratings tab of the team section. Even though growth is fractional, what are the odds that every single attribute has moved enough to show a rounded point difference without moving a full point after 3 practice sessions. He still isn't showing any growth or loss.

9/14/2012 1:51 PM (edited)
Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Player Profile: Kenneth Martin

name ATH SPD DUR WE STA STR BLK TKL HND GI ELU T total
39 46 46 23 40 47 20 38 33 38 38 20 428
Kenneth Martin 38 45 45 22 39 46 21 37 32 37 37 19 418
9/14/2012 1:51 PM
It has been stated before by JConte in a similar question - that he has to surpass 1 point of growth for it to show on his ratings page in the green bars. Numbers will go up - they get rounded up I guess, but green bars only when they go up a full point.
9/14/2012 2:11 PM (edited)
Posted by katzphang88 on 9/14/2012 2:11:00 PM (view original):
It has been stated before by JConte in a similar question - that he has to surpass 1 point of growth for it to show on his ratings page in the green bars. Numbers will go up - they get rounded up I guess, but green bars only when they go up a full point.
I hope that is it and not some random flaw in the code. I just find it hard to believe that a freshman who is getting a start and playing time would not have above a single points growth after 3 practices but I guess stranger things have happened. I can't remember his potential email but I don't believe he was tapped out and he has doesn't have horrible WE.......
9/14/2012 2:27 PM
His work ethic is pretty low. He may only go up - with playing time and starts - about 20 -25 pts this season.
9/14/2012 2:42 PM
With a WE in the low 20s and what could be an average (or even below average) potential, this would not surprise me at all that his attributes have all failed to grow by a full point in order to show up in his player card.
9/14/2012 5:06 PM
The WIS response to the ticket was the same as katz and gt said. Low WE and has not shown enough growth to register yet. Even though some of my other guys with similar WE are posting double digit growth. Guess it comes down to that mysterious potential algorithm. Thanks for the responses guys.
9/15/2012 9:47 AM
Oh. And overnight, he's now showing growth of one point in 7the attributes. Guess it caught up to him.
9/15/2012 9:57 AM
where does one find the gd reports player history?
9/15/2012 10:32 PM
Under the full team roster, click on the players name.
9/16/2012 8:57 AM
Player Growth Error Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.