6/11/2012 2:30 PM

Tom -

I realize that the site was in need of a facelift... But please, don't leave it half done with a facelift more appropriate for 2006 than 2013. 

I know that you're aware of the impact that mobile has had in the eCommerce world.  You can't be in eCommerce without being overwhelmed with vendors marketing the latest tool to take advantage of it.

Why is WIS so unfriendly to mobile? Especially when you know how many people access it during the day, and they need to do it on their phones because so many work networks block this site.

Now, I'm an older guy, so I don't use my phone as much as the younger generation.  But I have an iphone, and my experince using this site on it is among the worst.  Links are nearly impossible to hit correctly unless you zoom WAY in, data is in old style drop downs, etc.  It's a pain. 

I'd love to see you customize this site for the iphone and android phones out there.  Heck, one of the best ways to grow would be to do an iphone app and sell games through it. 

You need to make the site more appropriate to mobile & social networking.  Make it easy to connect to other users via facebook or twitter will get more live play happening.  Let us talk about our all time Pirate teams (or yankee teams for the heathens) that we've created here on FB., and how a season plays out...

There's so much you can do.  Reach for the future.  Embrace web 2.0

Biglen
(FWIW, I'm head of eCommerce for a fortune 1000 company... I'm not talking through my hat)

Oh yeah... You need play and engine updates too.  You need to shake things up, it's pretty boring here lately for us oldtimers.

6/11/2012 11:37 PM
In total agreement with biglenr on this.  If WIS were mobile friendly, I would likely have more teams active.  Assuming I'm not the only one, it's revenue you're leaving on the table by ignoring mobile.
6/14/2012 11:14 AM
Len -- thanks for the feedback and we are certainly aware of how important a mobile presence is.  It's part of this upgrade as well. As is social integration.  We had been limited to introduce certain elements and hooks due to our code base being in old technologies.

Engine enhancements are coming, too.

Thanks
6/14/2012 3:46 PM
Great news... Thank you
6/17/2012 10:14 AM
i also agree with bi glen

needs to freshen up or some of us oldtimers are going to finally just give up
6/18/2012 1:19 AM

"Bi" Glen?  And all these years, I thought it was Big Len...lol.

6/18/2012 9:49 AM

Yeah... Me too. 

Actually, I use that for my personal email address, and a previous employer, after a few drinks on a business trip, told me that he almost didn't hire me because he thought I was gay from my email address.  I had never really thought of that... But I immediately started picking on my friend Al, who when with the email address "bigal4u".... He became "bi gal" for all eternity. 

6/18/2012 11:54 AM
lol - well, I'm glad we got that straightened out.
11/20/2012 4:24 PM

Two suggestions from fishing websites I use that might be very well suited to making this site more mobile friendly.

I am not involved in any way with these companies.

(1) - employ tapatalk in the forums.  It's free for WIS, but people who use it have to pay $2.99 for the tapatalk app.  It makes reading and replying to forums a breeze on iphone, ipad, and android devices, even for us older guys with old man vision.  Research tapatalk for how to.  Sample website that uses this is www.ncangler.com

(2)  use big buttons.  North Carolina's wildlife commish created an incredible mobile site that really serves purposes well.  Compare http://www.ncwildlife.org/mobile.aspx  to www.ncwildlife.com.   Incredible user experience for mobile phones.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.