1) Add a second playoff option to have two additional wild card teams in 20 team leagues; teams with best league records would get a bye in first round of playoffs. Should increase interest in 20 game progressive leagues where there is not enough talent to go with 24 teams.
2) Add Complete Games, Shutouts, Save Opportunities to career pitching statistics in progressives; add years to all career stats in addition to league number; add team(s) played for all career stats (career leaders included) in addition to team owner.
3) Factor in the HR/9 allowed by each pitcher for the types of ballparks they allowed HRs in real life. For example, someone who gave up a low amount of home runs in a home run hitters park, should have a better HR/9 rating than just what his real life numbers reflect.
4) Add an option for owners to vote for All-Star teams and Hall of Famers for retired players; SIM the All Star game with previous season's league champion owners managing it.
5) Add weather variables such as wind blowing in, out or across, wet grass (more difficult fielding, slower infield & outfield), hot weather (pitchers tire faster) or cold weather, rainouts for each game played outdoors.
6) Add a progressive draft interface with customized draft order options, where each owner can input their keepers, cuts, injured reserves, etc. Also, add an interface to keep track of trades pertaining to draft picks where teams would have picks added or deleted depending on trade.
7) Report attendance figures for each game depending on ballpark seating size and recent and historical success of team.
8) Add a mechanism where you can sign players to contracts for a certain number of seasons. Once player's contract expires, he should then be added to a newly developed free agent interface with an option of how long a player must be in the league prior to becoming a free agent. The amount of funds a team has to spend should be directly tied in to previous season's attendance and any remaining balances from prior seasons. Add financial bonuses to team budgets for teams which perform better.
9) Let all owners review the starting pitching rotation for upcoming games, for all teams, not just the upcoming opponent.
10) Add injuries and the disabled list where players who play over their real life numbers have a much greater chance of getting injured and missing games, without altering fatigue.
11) Add newspaper clippings summarizing each game and adding player of the month awards.
Although, many of these suggestions are not practical at this point, since they will involve an excessive amount of programming, they could be looked into for future updates.