All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request)
11/16/2012 5:11 PM
Posted by gillispie on 11/16/2012 10:35:00 AM (view original):
ryrun - i think that if a sim ai coaches for a single season, they wipe all the settings and set how the sim would. but when a human follows a human, i think you get the existing settings.

actually i pretty much agree with what you are saying - i didnt think he was as terrible of a recruiter, as he was a combo terrible recruiter/practice planner. his freshman always struck me as mediocreish, but as upperclassmen, its like wtf? 
I think the issue is that his strategy is all about short term success without concern for anything outside the first 2 or so seasons.  So, what I think he does, by looking at a couple of his classes, is not buy FSS so that he can have those funds to win battles for jucos/transfers.  For instance, a few seasons ago his Queens team (in NYC) took a pf from New Mexico with a reb rating in the 20s with low potential.  There must have been several better players nearby, but I don't think cared.  He probably just looks at start values for frosh and picks based off that and spends the rest of his budget on jucos/transfers.  To his credit though, he did leave a good guard at Queens when he left this time.
6/23/2013 3:35 PM
What are all of his ID's?  I was thinking about this because I just moved to D2 in Wooden and saw in the news tab that a couple familiar ID's also took new jobs.  Irapost took army and coachgunnar took bloomfield.  Those two schools are only 51 miles away from each other.  I payed some attention but not a whole lot to the multiple teams thread.  As I remember the argument was about whether people should be penalized by the rule who had had teams within 1000 miles since before the rule even existed.  This obviously isn't the case here because with the amount of movement he does none of his teams would have been the same since before the rule existed.  Anyway, between the 3 id's (assuming they are all connected) it looks like he is in violation with 4 teams:

Allen-coachgunnar-Cameron (Lawton, OK), fredpaull-Centenary (Shreveport, LA)

Distance between Cameron and Centenary-381 miles

Crum-fredpaull-SMU (Dallas, TX)

Iba-irapost-Iona (New Rochelle, NY)

Naismith-irapost-Queens (Flushing, NY)

Rupp-coachgunnar-Holy Family (Philadelphia, PA), irapost-Coppin St. (Baltimore, MD), fredpaull-Oral Roberts (Tulsa, OK)

Distance between Holy Family and Coppin St.-97 miles

Distance between Holy Family and Oral Roberts-1,279 miles

Distance between Coppin St. and Oral Roberts-1,214 miles

Smith-irapost-Cornell (Ithaca, NY), fredpaull-Valparaiso (Valparaiso, IN)

Distance between Cornell and Valparaiso-633 miles

Wooden-coachgunnar-Bloomfield (Bloomfield, NJ), irapost-Army (West Point, NY)

Distance between Bloomfield and Army-51 miles

Also, here's a link to irapost commenting on the multiple teams scenario, so, he is at least aware of the rule.  The real question though is it against fair play guidelines if it is obvious that the coach isn't using FSS? (sorry it'd been over 6 months since my last crack on fredpaull.  Was starting to get that itch).

6/23/2013 4:19 PM
Somebody had told me fredpaull was also abelemons, who definitely violated the 1,000 in Allen when he was coaching Wisconsin, Parkside. 

Anyways, what I've taken from this thread (see page 3) and fredpaull's Allen resume is that hogstench is a really nice guy. 
6/25/2013 9:01 AM
fred, what do you care what the other coaches say about you in chat? you'll be gone in a season or two anyway.
6/27/2013 12:01 AM
Posted by crazyivan on 6/25/2013 9:01:00 AM (view original):
fred, what do you care what the other coaches say about you in chat? you'll be gone in a season or two anyway.
crazyivan, this was an older thread that was dug up in light of the recent 1000 mile debacle, and fred being a suspected (I would assume more than suspected) violator. I doubt you will see a response from him.
6/28/2013 9:54 PM
Just a question?  Did something happened to fredpaull?  I see he has4 DI teams but all C- or worse in prestige.  Did Seble finally do something to his jumping from A+ prestige to A+ prestige schools?  By the way this thread was hilarious!!!
2/24/2014 10:13 AM
bump, so that we can all remember the truly fun threads. 
4/9/2014 7:29 PM
bump because etta wasn't close to as entertaining as this.
of 14
All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request)

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.