Intimidation Tactics Topic

From the Sunshine Conference Corner D2 Crum-
12/05
7:08 PM
fredpaull Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
trey, don't waste your time recruiting against me. You will not win and I will drain your recruiting money. If you don't believe me, go ahead and learn a lesson. This is not to disrespect you, I just don't want you to waste the time, money and effort.
12/05
8:40 PM
r7gordon   wow.....I don't know Trey....for that I'd almost make him spend his nut to do it....10 miles vs 800 miles....although he does have a bit of a prestige advantage.....I think it would have been in much better taste to site mail you as opposed to post ...
12/05
8:40 PM
r7gordon   ...it on CC....
12/05
9:51 PM
fredpaull Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
hell r7gordon, we are all men here. If you want to be a puss then be one. I'm trying to save the coach some money. Why don't you site mail me? Did you? I don't look.
12/05
9:53 PM
fredpaull Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
I still can't believe it. You want me to play for Arkansas Tech?? And by play, I mean, play?!?!? This is best the day in the history of days. Donald Young
12/05
9:55 PM
fredpaull Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
and r7, why don't you tell it like it is. "a little prestige advantage? From an A to a C+?" You fudged the truth to Trey. I'm sure you would like Trey to use up his money, right?
12/05
11:12 PM
treymcnickle   Awesome man you are gonna get Donald Young...Congrats
12/05
11:19 PM
steuarjd   Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
12/05
11:44 PM
r7gordon   Sorry Fred..I wasn't trying to ruin your fun and evening in the wide wide world of WIS. In the future if you are going to quote me can you please use my words and not tilt my words to support your side of the story? I said "A bit" of an ...
12/05
r7gordon   ...advantage not "A LITTLE bit". I think you would also have a hard time convincing many that you were just looking out for Trey...I don't think you care about his time or recruiting money...I think you were trying to save yourself some ...
12/05
r7gordon   ...recruiting cash. If you were trying to help him, than why not offer up some substance other than he can either take your word for it or learn a lesson...I would have been happy to have a little back and forth on the subject but when you break out ...
12/05
r7gordon   ...the name calling in sentence two, you lost 100% of your credibility with me. I honestly just want Trey to have a sucessful recruiting class, I enjoy playing in competative conferences...I will quit sticking my nose in on your matters,( I'm not ...
12/05
r7gordon   ...posting again on this, so you can have the last word)..you can continue to be a Coaches Corner Bully (that's exactley what you did) without any interference from me. Good Luck with your season......
12/06
12:26 AM
runninute   Wow - you don't pay attention for an evening and miss all the excitement! I agree with r7 - A A vs. C+ compared to 30 miles vs. 800 miles seems more like a wash to me. You can afford three times the number of home visits for the same cost. In the ...
12/06
12:26 AM
runninute   ...interest of game science, see if it pans out. :)
12/6/2011 4:39 PM

By the way, it's probably not even close to a wash.  Assuming the guy was D2 on both screens, trey would have had a big advantage, I think.  Super weak tactic.  Did it work?

12/6/2011 5:04 PM
Thats not even close to being allowed. I would have not even bothered to respond but just reported him and then won the recruit anyway because that distance advantage is almost impossible to overcome at D2 where prestige pretty much means nothing.
12/6/2011 5:11 PM
Oh, the battle is still going on. 

Well, since he started.  The guy is recruiting 4 for 3 spots.  I think someone should probably pounce on his guys for that move. 

Yes, two wrongs make it so right.
12/6/2011 5:31 PM
lol, 800 miles vs 10 miles? A vs. C+ prestige probably has less than 10% advantage, while the 10miles vs 800 miles is over 2 to 1 edge. 
12/6/2011 5:42 PM
and fredpaul is a joke, switches teams every 2 seasons, piggyback on others success, then dumps the team. 
12/6/2011 5:44 PM
I'd break it off on him if it took my entire budget!... Just cause that's how I rollz
12/6/2011 5:49 PM
Posted by zags27 on 12/6/2011 5:49:00 PM (view original):
I'd break it off on him if it took my entire budget!... Just cause that's how I rollz
so would i, especially when his intimidation tactic doesnt work and completely off. hes at a huge disadvantage in this battle. 
12/6/2011 5:54 PM
Madrespect. Ultimate madrespect steuarjd for quoting Ron Burgundy. You are my new hero.
12/6/2011 6:00 PM
I think that is awesome!
12/6/2011 6:01 PM
correct reaction to such posts is laughter
12/6/2011 6:05 PM
. . wow. . that was pretty. . .blatant. . .

12/6/2011 6:47 PM
this is a prime example to why Seble needs to include all or any teams a recruit is being swoon by. get rid of "considering" let us see as coaches who we are battling against. this will spur competition (hatred) and trying harder in recruiting (jeaslousy) between the haves and have nots.
12/6/2011 6:58 PM
Posted by isack24 on 12/6/2011 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Oh, the battle is still going on. 

Well, since he started.  The guy is recruiting 4 for 3 spots.  I think someone should probably pounce on his guys for that move. 

Yes, two wrongs make it so right.
Sounds good except for the fact that few D2 coaches would want the majority of Fredpaull's recruits.
12/6/2011 11:14 PM
I'm with rewas on this one.... I'm not a great recruiter by any means.  But to have a prestige of an A, and get decent at best incoming Jr...?  Gotta be better than that.  No wonder he hops around from team to team, he can't recruit! lol
12/7/2011 1:47 AM
Intimidation Tactics Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.