All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > FAQs on Progressives
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
3/5/2011 4:15 PM (edited)
Posted by bagchucker on 3/5/2011 7:26:00 AM (view original):
they call me Uncle Veto
I'll vouch for this. Pretty sure he's vetoed @80% of my deals, but all went through....

But for those first timers reading this, it's spot on. contrarian23 is a solid owner and I have shared many leagues w/ him.
3/5/2011 6:44 PM
I would begin a search by looking for progressives run by excellent commissioners. They control the league, generate interest in it when someone drops out, and they tend to attract really good owners.
3/5/2011 7:31 PM
This is a great writeup.  I will look into a progressive league as soon as I finish up my current team. 
5/10/2011 7:11 PM
Nice job contrarian23,I think a lot of owners overlook porgressives because they don't understand how they work.....and like you said,if you are going to join one ,consider it a long term deal. The 2 progressives I'm in have been for 14 and 6 seasons.  I like drafting and building a team from season to season as much as the games being simmed. 
11/19/2011 5:48 PM
Well done!
12/5/2011 7:40 PM
Progressives are the best leagues to be in.
1/19/2012 10:23 PM
I'm in two ongoing progs (13 and 9 seasons.)  Wouldn't even consider playing another OL.
1/24/2012 10:07 PM
Thanks, contrarian23.  A good friend is suggesting I join a progressive.  My fear is that with inexperience I would GM/manage so badly people would think I was tanking! 
But I could see where you would not want to go back to OLs if you became good at this.
of 4
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > FAQs on Progressives

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.