All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
5/3/2013 9:12 PM
besides, he enters as many leagues as he leaves

and we need guys willing to join leagues

as we well know
5/4/2013 5:15 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/3/2013 9:12:00 PM (view original):
besides, he enters as many leagues as he leaves

and we need guys willing to join leagues

as we well know
though leaving leagues is just as much the problem as joining is the solution.  

I don't mind that jeff joins or leaves leagues - but its that when he leaves leagues, it's USUALLY because his team is complete crap.  And so then the next owner has to spend the next 3-5 years trying to make it competitive.  

but would agree that he doesn't really belong in this thread.  if the thread were called, "progressive owners that seem to hate the league rules and every owner in it, but still signs up for it ..." then that'd be a different story :) 
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
8/26/2013 10:37 PM
Well, I certainly remember...as do the other members of the league.  The fact that you don't....speaks for itself.
8/27/2013 12:07 AM
Great comeback!
8/27/2013 12:18 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 8/26/2013 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Well, I certainly remember...as do the other members of the league.  The fact that you don't....speaks for itself.
No kidding.  I'm surprised he even remembers the prog he bailed on yesterday.
8/27/2013 12:40 AM
By the way, papabilly's latest tantrum was in no way unforeseeable.  He had the first overall pick in this draft.  We were off the clock.  He posted "What can I get for the #1 pick."  A couple of days went by, and two owners posted asking (nicely) how much longer papabilly was going to be.  At that point I sent this sitemail to another owner in the league (I didn't correctly predict the exact excuse -- just that papabilly would quit over something stupid):

crazystengel
To:
XXXX
Received:
8/17/2013 6:20:00 PM
Subject:
side bet on the Jimmy Carter draft?
You want to bet a draft pick on how long it takes papabilly to quit the league over being asked how long he's going to take with his first pick?

8/27/2013 1:41 AM
I was in the NWP (contrarian's prog) when you got booted from it. 

I didn't say there's anything wrong with trying to trade a pick.  I merely predicted that you would quit the league over being asked how much longer you would be.  I was wrong on the excuse, but right on you quitting over nothing.

Since you're in here and posting anyway, why don't you give your side of the story, papabilly?  Why did you quit the Jimmy Carter prog at the very end of the draft?

8/27/2013 10:18 AM
For what it's worth, we've had no problem with papabilly in the Hangover League for the last year since he joined us with an expansion franchise.

I did see Husker75 mentioned earlier, he pulled a disappearing act on us.  I had to send him a sitemail basically asking him if he was quitting.
Kneeneighbor joined us just after papabilly as an expansion owner and disappeared after just two seasons, hiding from dozens of sitemails.
8/27/2013 11:35 AM
Posted by papabilly on 8/27/2013 2:41:00 AM (view original):
, it was moore then the draft, I lost a brother on 7-9-2013, about the time were making bets on me. In  march I had pneumonia. May I had open hart surgery.
I still stayed and did the best I could. it was not up to your standerds was it crazy..as far as  quiting most of the owners wanted me out just did not have the balls to saY IT
so you **** on me every time you could it makes you fell good that I left
ASK CONTRA why he kick me out and when
I've lost family members too since I started at WIS, and I've had health problems, so I'm going to call BS on you, papabilly.  If something in real life happened that prevented me from continuing with a league, I wouldn't pick random fights with commishes and other owners over non-issues just to get out of a league.  I know how you left contrarian's league, I know how you left the Jimmy Carter league, and I know how you left chargingryno's league (I'm sure there are more).  None of those had to do with anything other than your personality.  
8/27/2013 12:47 PM (edited)
Too bad papabilly got my initial post deleted over one name that I called him (not even in any way vulgar or obscene).  So that people can follow along, I called out papabilly for quitting the Jimmy Carter prog in the 7th round of the 2002 draft when he got confused (or feigned confusion -- we'll never know) over how timed drafts work.  Now he's saying it's not the 7th round backup catcher that made him quit but various tribulations he's endured over the past few months.

"ASK CONTRA why he kick me out and when"

Shouldn't you be the one asking him?  I remember why and when contrarian booted you; you posted you have no memory of ever being in one of his leagues.  Aren't you even a little bit curious over why and when you got booted from a prog?

"as far as  quiting most of the owners wanted me out just did not have the balls to saY IT"

Why would most of the owners in any league ever want someone out?  Try to imagine some possible answers to that question, papabilly...

8/27/2013 2:02 PM
Posted by papabilly on 8/27/2013 1:54:00 PM (view original):
 Just be every careful what you say. All that happen me to was in 14 weeks. I am also 73.
I don't know is wrong with you but there is something wrong. Why you are in such craz over this. are you short on your man hood
Thanks for addressing all the questions over why you can't get along in prog leagues.  I guess we're done here.
8/28/2013 6:04 PM
I'll respond to your question by borrowing a quote from you, papabilly.  This is the sitemail (in its entirety) that you sent to the Jimmy Carter commish after he very politely and patiently explained to you why your 7th round pick was invalid:

By I'm outa here. don't need this
8/28/2013 6:53 PM
This is fun to read. Reminds me of jugalo Steve.
8/28/2013 8:48 PM
While I sympathize with the loss of your brother and your health issues papabilly, lets keep an accurate timeline. Everything you laid out on the previous page was from July 9th and prior. The Jimmy Carter draft didn't start until approximately August 6. You posted your question about the #1 pick on 8/15 and made the pick on 8/18. That's over a month. Again, I sympathize with your loss, but don't use that as your reason for bailing
of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.