All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
2/6/2012 12:24 AM
My mom passed this summer. Each person deals w/ things differently.
I think the big theme over these 11+ pages is simply send a sitemail...

Even through my loss, there is always time. I understand in the real scheme of things WIS = nothing but a diversion.
But still...a sitemail...... And alot of this is moot.
2/9/2012 2:32 PM
so i have a question, and i think this is the appropriate place, if not, please tell me via sitemail and i will remove this:

buying championships seems bad, especially if you then dump your team when you start losing. what about the guy(s) on the other end, the ones who take the other side of the absurd trade to collect draft picks and other players? should they be stigmatized as well?
2/9/2012 3:42 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 2/9/2012 2:32:00 PM (view original):
so i have a question, and i think this is the appropriate place, if not, please tell me via sitemail and i will remove this:

buying championships seems bad, especially if you then dump your team when you start losing. what about the guy(s) on the other end, the ones who take the other side of the absurd trade to collect draft picks and other players? should they be stigmatized as well?
You will probably get a lot of different opinions on this... but, I feel a trade for picks is acceptable as long as your team makes the minimum wins set by the league. Building your team through the draft is the best way to improve your team. I know some will consider it a legal way of tanking... I don't agree. Tanking to me is not playing your best players when they are available. Tanking can also be setting controls to increase the chances of losing or making your worst pitcher the closer. There is no way you are improving your team with those actions. Acquiring picks will improve your team... and that makes all the difference to me.
2/9/2012 6:00 PM
Posted by Bootone on 2/9/2012 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by masterdebate on 2/9/2012 2:32:00 PM (view original):

You will probably get a lot of different opinions on this... but, I feel a trade for picks is acceptable as long as your team makes the minimum wins set by the league. Building your team through the draft is the best way to improve your team. I know some will consider it a legal way of tanking... I don't agree. Tanking to me is not playing your best players when they are available. Tanking can also be setting controls to increase the chances of losing or making your worst pitcher the closer. There is no way you are improving your team with those actions. Acquiring picks will improve your team... and that makes all the difference to me.
Agreed.  As long as the trade makes sense (Team A wants to win now and Team B is setting up for the future) I have no problem with it.  Frankly, if you can't make this type of trade, very few will ever get made because rarely do two teams trying to win now trade with each other.  First, it is rare for two good teams to both have a hole to fill that they each are able to fill with some guy they don't need. Second, when you are good you're usually not really looking to help another good team that might end up taking you out.  And, if you stink, why trade for another now player?  Ultimately, there has to be some mechanism that is acceptable to try to build for the future.  If you can't tank and can't trade present value for future value because it makes your current team worse, why would anyone keep a bad team at all?  You'd have too little ability to make yourself better. 
2/9/2012 8:36 PM
thanks for the answers guys. i wasn't sure what the answer should be, you both gave good, well reasoned arguments. thanks.
2/9/2012 8:37 PM
Here's an example of a trade offer that was ignored and weakened a team

I offered my first round pick for 1915 Chief Johnson (p)  (his last season) and got no response.  Guy winds up quitting the league, but we found a replacement owner anyway,
6/9/2012 1:12 PM
Posted by cpdpoet on 2/6/2012 12:24:00 AM (view original):
My mom passed this summer. Each person deals w/ things differently.
I think the big theme over these 11+ pages is simply send a sitemail...

Even through my loss, there is always time. I understand in the real scheme of things WIS = nothing but a diversion.
But still...a sitemail...... And alot of this is moot.
Exactly.
10/24/2012 10:15 AM
Posted by profcake on 1/27/2012 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Not a huge fan of the wall of shame, I realize stuff comes up and people have to leave.  BUT blatant cheating is something different and that is what Disco Dogs did in the 80's Eliminator progressive.  He entered his '84 team with all '84 players.  Once the commish verified his roster, he withdrew his team and reentered with '89 Jose Oquendo instead of '84 Jose Oquendo because he did not draft enough 2B AB's.  It took the entire season before he was caught, then he threw a fit and was kicked out of the league.  Definitely not in the spirit of the game and not the type of owner I would want in my future leagues.

Edit* Admin was also able to verify this happened.
Bump.
10/26/2012 3:34 AM

Hate to say it but shawbigred has gone AWOL from a league again after being in 1 season.  I just took over the team recently.   "Fool me once..."

10/26/2012 11:53 AM
BUT, he has 2 teams in juice's tournament that is just about to begin the second round, and he HAS been active for ther AL/NL choice, and for the years to use for pitching and hitting. He made those selections while ignorring sitemails from 2 different football leagues that were drafting at the same time.
10/27/2012 8:50 PM
he's also gone awol in my progressive as well after 1 season -
11/16/2012 8:57 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/9/2011 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rooskie on 11/17/2010 3:19:00 PM (view original):
ronblood recently did it in XYZ and will go on the beware and forewarned board. He was always late posting keepers and finally didn't even reply to sheller and vanished.
meh. ronblood did me right, he gave plenty of notice before he left, and his team was way over .500

cain a guy have some fun, move from league to league, like going through girlfriends
If you intend to jump league to league, you shouldn't be asking to join a progressive! toss this guy back on the wall.
11/16/2012 8:59 AM
Posted by slickstick81 on 1/25/2011 3:15:00 AM (view original):
after conversing with helmethead1, I permitted him to join the new 1982 league.
Unfortunately, he has pulled the same trick again. I replied to his site mail
where he informed me he had to resign due to work, I asked if he was going to send me 
a team via admin/customer service. Site mail opened, but no response.

In the event the thread starter, does not update other users posts of owners to avoid,
I will start a new thread and will update regularly.

Now I need to find a replacement owner 15 rounds into a new league.
If anyone's wall-worthy it's this guy! Get him up there..
1/8/2013 10:55 PM
Time to add another name to the board. iudane signed up for a couple of my leagues and vanished without a word. Beware!
1/9/2013 7:13 AM
Same here. Iudane signed up for two of mine, posted his rosters and disappeared before the draft could start. No contact in over a month.
of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.