All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
1/8/2013 10:55 PM
Time to add another name to the board. iudane signed up for a couple of my leagues and vanished without a word. Beware!
1/9/2013 7:13 AM
Same here. Iudane signed up for two of mine, posted his rosters and disappeared before the draft could start. No contact in over a month.
1/25/2013 7:07 PM
add me to the board. i vouched for a guy in two leagues and he's bailed on both. won't do that again.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2/5/2013 4:25 AM
I would like someone to explain why AFTER a draft is completed, we sometimes wait days and weeks for a league to start play ? 

Even accounting for RL issues - the draft takes time and effort - hours at least for research and drafting, having time set aside or sending proxy requests. 

AFTER a draft all you have to do is click "create team" - how can it take more than 30 seconds ? 

Probably some of the same people are involved in "delay of game" more often. 

There seems to be little tolerance for people who have trouble finding the time for a draft, which instead really does require some commitment of time that may not be available for reasons of health, family, work, travel etc. But there appears to be infinite tolerance for someone who has 25 players sitting in the DC and won't click the little button to create their team so the other 11, 19 or 23 people can play. The Italian word is "prepotenza" for this kind of behavior. 
2/5/2013 4:34 AM

Is that you, ceez?

2/6/2013 11:27 AM
Posted by italyprof on 2/5/2013 4:25:00 AM (view original):
I would like someone to explain why AFTER a draft is completed, we sometimes wait days and weeks for a league to start play ? 

Even accounting for RL issues - the draft takes time and effort - hours at least for research and drafting, having time set aside or sending proxy requests. 

AFTER a draft all you have to do is click "create team" - how can it take more than 30 seconds ? 

There seems to be little tolerance for people who have trouble finding the time for a draft, which instead really does require some commitment of time that may not be available for reasons of health, family, work, travel etc. But there appears to be infinite tolerance for someone who has 25 players sitting in the DC and won't click the little button to create their team so the other 11, 19 or 23 people can play. The Italian word is "prepotenza" for this kind of behavior. 
Well said! The english word for it is "inconsiderate." I'd say about 95% of the guys get it. The rest think their time is more important then the rest of us... and its ALWAYS the same guys... I find it interesting that they usually only respond to deadlines or threats. Makes me wonder if they live the rest of their life that way. Hmmm...

2/6/2013 12:03 PM
I think both of you, italyprof and Bootone, are right on the mark.  Unfortunately, in some leagues the commissioner is, shall we say, less than organized themself.
Therefore, this affords some owners the opportunity to take liberties.
2/6/2013 3:41 PM
Some commissioners sitemail the league number while others just place it within the dratt thread.   I've been the last one in once and it was becasue I only had one pick and was waiting for an email to state that league had been set up, number, etc.    So I agree that sometimes the commissioner creates the problem.  I also have a beef and will start leaving leagues where there is an inordinate amount of time between the end of the World Series and the draft---I'm not talking about finding replacement managers, I'm talking about leagues where there is no communication for a couple of weeks or so. 
2/6/2013 4:03 PM
Amen.
2/6/2013 4:42 PM
Definitely in agreement with the professor and Bootone. 
2/7/2013 12:59 PM

imladris12 and mikemundt... you guys make a great point regarding commissioners. Without mentioning names, seems like a couple are still enjoying the holidays!  

2/7/2013 1:15 PM
Having mentioned commissioners, I would like to say I feel very privileged to participate in many leagues with great  commissioners.  I realize these people have time commitments like the rest of us, yet they make time to outline the schedules of the leagues all the while putting up with people like me who may ask a lot of questions.  Their organization skills truly make the league an enjoyable experience.  I am very grateful for these dedicated individuals sacrifice of time so the rest of us can have fun.
2/7/2013 7:06 PM
Posted by mikemundt on 2/6/2013 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Some commissioners sitemail the league number while others just place it within the dratt thread.   I've been the last one in once and it was becasue I only had one pick and was waiting for an email to state that league had been set up, number, etc.    So I agree that sometimes the commissioner creates the problem.  I also have a beef and will start leaving leagues where there is an inordinate amount of time between the end of the World Series and the draft---I'm not talking about finding replacement managers, I'm talking about leagues where there is no communication for a couple of weeks or so. 
I am one of those unorganized commissioners.

My leagues go slow.  

I am sure I have had guys quit because I go to slow.

Put me on the wall.
2/7/2013 8:07 PM
Posted by italyprof on 2/5/2013 4:25:00 AM (view original):

There are 2 major components to why this happens and they kind of go hand in hand.

1) The spring training team or roster

2) Six packs or anticipated funds

As you know the top team in your bank is the exhibition league (the one where you play 10 game season for free).  Most progressive owners use that to look at potential future seasons or they store a team in there for an upcoming draft.  For example I have my 1967 Braves in there right now in the league we are in together.  So once the draft is over  its not a simple click.  

You have no teams in your bank but you are about to make the playoffs in  league, or get a free team because your a Commish.  
This is a tough issue, I think if you polled most owners they wouldn't mind waiting a day or 2, some commishes actually have no problem waiting a week for someone,   Some owners agree with you,  
So basically that's why

Admin could eliminate the 6 pack discount and just lower the cost for each team, but that could cause more problems than it solves.

of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.