ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I believe you're considered RACIST!!!! if you don't condemn anyone who mentions a Confederate flag these days.

I have not.

He rates out as a BL reliever(bottom end) using my formula.   But, because of the VR, he will pitch better than he rates.   I can't make my formula account for 90+ VR without making the 55 VR better than they are.
7/7/2015 8:25 AM
Where do you rank your Charleston 34 team in terms of your other championships? Looks like San Juan had you on the ropes.
7/7/2015 12:46 PM
My Hamilton team was my best team.   Strong from top to bottom.   I thought I'd win 3-4 with it.   I built a solid base pretty quickly with my Mantle teams.   I sort of felt it was just a matter of time before I won one there.    My Moonlight Graham team was a bit of a surprise.  I'd had much better teams in that world not come close to winning a WS.    My Coop team was on the cusp for several seasons.   I'd lost 2 WS and a LCS in the previous 5 seasons.   The window was closing.   But, my favorite WS winner(s) was my Happy Jack team.  HJ is defunct but I detailed the rebuild job here.  http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=150310&Page=1   It was near and dear to me because it had my first "favorite" player, Slammin' Sammy Davis, and I dethroned an owner who had built his empire traderaping n00bs or aliases. 
7/7/2015 1:35 PM
I jut signed this guy as a late season IFA with my Albuquerque team:  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Yonder Gil

I
 am only 1 game behind in my division with now 9 games remaining. In your opinion did I err in rushing him to the majors right away? My projections show him with a still very high ceiling.
7/8/2015 7:37 PM
I assume you called him up with the intention of playing him.   Players develop just fine in the Bigs.  And, since he has options, you can send him down when your playoff runs is over is you want to do the whole "protect his min wage years" game.
7/8/2015 8:45 PM
How the heck did Jibe get an ML ready IFA for only $16 million?
7/8/2015 9:32 PM
Late season signing.   He could have been left holding 16m if that dude doesn't show up.  He rolled the dice and got lucky.
7/8/2015 10:09 PM
What do you think of a second basemen with 4-5 rc/27 and 90+ range and glove? I'm wondering if that kind of defense is overkill at 2b and I'd be better off trying to get a stud hitter to fill that position
7/8/2015 10:15 PM
Why the heck would anyone ever sign a 34 year old pitcher to 5 years and not make the last year a team/mutual option?
7/9/2015 9:54 AM
Would you eat a donut that Ariana Grande has licked?
7/9/2015 10:01 AM
It's always a game of +/-.   I don't know how your worlds play but 4 is on the low end while 5 is pretty damn good.   If my 90/90 2B is producing 5 RC27, I'd feel like I'm coming out pretty good.   But I might consider putting him in CF.

Lack of good business sense.   Unless, of course, he had to give up the max deal to get him.

I doubt I'd eat a donut that my wife had licked.   Just seems weird. 
7/9/2015 10:06 AM
is this guy a starting major league shortstop? http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5518069
7/9/2015 2:16 PM
Not for me.   His less than average glove isn't good enough to cover his weak bat. 
7/9/2015 3:04 PM
does his being above average in other categories make up at all for his average glove. Just out of curiosity, what do you consider an average glove for a ML shortstop?
7/9/2015 7:48 PM
I look for 85 across the board at SS.   If I can get more than that in 3, I might drop one to 80.
7/9/2015 9:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...927|928|929|930|931...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.