Choose Your Own PAs Topic

Every once in a while, I'll ask yous guys if anyone would find creating your own players fun. Instead of choosing from a database of RL players, you'd choose position, fielding ratings, avg, obp, how many HRs you want to buy, and PAs etc........Well, the response has always been a resounding NO. "We want a limited datbase!" ye cry!

Well, since that would be too big of a step outside the sandbox for most of you, what about just being able to choose how many PAs you want from a player? Theres tons of unusable players, because they have too few or too many PAs. Would be nice to buy 550 Ichiro PAs or whatever...

Comments? Concerns? Scathing rebuttal?
1/18/2010 4:28 PM
There are several sim baseball sites that have made up players, this site is unique in that you can use "real" player-seasons.

1/18/2010 5:28 PM
They have made up players, or you can create your own and pay for them based on the site's pricing system? ...cuz I kind of doubt it.
1/18/2010 5:36 PM
could you, in theory, buy MORE than a player had in RL? i would hope not.

i am really not sure, it's not a terrible idea, but i like the idea of keeping it realistic.
1/18/2010 7:01 PM
If you could build any player you want, who wouldn't build a player that hit a homer every time up, or a pitcher who struck out everybody? Who would build Mario Mendoza?
1/19/2010 2:57 PM
I prefer real life players with real life PAs and IPs. More human that way, I think.
1/19/2010 4:05 PM
I'm not a computer guy so i don't know the logistics of making it happen, but I like the idea,not so much of creating your own player, but being able to pay what you want for existing players.. paying less for less of 21 Ruth's Pa's, or more for Manny's 08 Dodger season. How about 200Ip of 88 Milacki?
1/19/2010 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By GregNLFan on 1/19/2010If you could build any player you want, who wouldn't build a player that hit a homer every time up, or a pitcher who struck out everybody? Who would build Mario Mendoza
People who know how to budget 80mil. Thats who. You'd blow your wad on one player?
1/19/2010 10:02 PM
Choose Your Own PAs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.